The Department of Pension, Colombo has issued a new Circular No 01/2018 (English | සිංහල | தமிழ்) dated 20/06/2018 on the payment of Pensions to Sri Lankan pensioners resident abroad. It is mandatory to produce a life certificate to the Department of Pensions every year before 31st of March through the Mission. (Click here for guidelines) The Life Certificate can be submitted to the Department of Pensions by either of the following ways:
- Personal visit to the Department of Pensions in Sri Lanka
- Contact the Department of Pensions via Skype
- Through the Mission
Submitting the Life Certificate through the Mission Please click here for the life certificate form. When submitting through the Mission, the Pensioner could either visit the Mission or send the Life Certificate by mail.
Important notice to all the applicants;
- It is required to obtain a certified life certificate application, with regard to pensions, only once a year, and this should be within the first 03 months of the year.
- Further, it is not required to obtain a certified life certificate application every month.
Submission in Person – at the Mission
- Certification would be carried out by an authorized officer in the Mission.
- For identification purposes, please bring one of following documents
- Pension ID Card/Passport/Sri Lankan NIC/Driver’s License
Submission by mail/post
- Duly filled Life Certificate with a copy of passport /Sri Lankan NIC should be notarized/certified
- If you are medically unfit of travelling or prescribed by a physician, a condition report from a recognized medical practitioner is required.
The Life Certificates certified by this Mission are forwarded to the Department of Pensions. If the return of the copies of documents is desired by regular mail, applicants in the USA should send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request. Notes:
- This service is free of charge.
- The Mission is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Incomplete applications will not be certified by the Mission.