Panel Discussion on “Transitional Justice as Transformative: Building a Sustainable Peace for All”
There will be a panel discussion on “Transitional Justice as Transformative: Building a Sustainable Peace for All”, organized by the Permanent Mission of the United Arab Emirates to the United Nations, the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security, and the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) on Tuesday, 24 February 2015, from 13:15 – 15:00 in Conference Room 3 of the UN Headquarters.
- Jan Eliasson, Deputy Secretary-General
- Zainab Hawa Bangura, Under-Secretary-General, Special Representative of the Secretary General on Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Fionnuala D. Ní Aoláin, Dorsey and Whitney Chair in Law, University of Minnesota Law School; and, Professor of Law, University of Ulster’s Transitional Justice Institute, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Ruben Carranza, Director, Reparative Justice Program, International Center for Transitional Justice
- Ilwad Elman, Director of Programs and Development, Elman Peace and Human Rights Centre
- Mayesha Alam, Associate Director, Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
All are invited. For further information, please contact Ms. Hind Alowais, Permanent Mission of the United Arab Emirates. E-mail: email@example.com; 1 (212) 371-0480.