Visitors wishing to travel to Solomon Islands must satisfy the following requirements prior to travel:
1) Must be in possession of a valid passport or other valid travel documents
2) Possess onward air ticket for travel from Solomon Islands
3) Sufficient funds to sustain themselves while in Solomon Islands
4) Must have valid visas to enter other countries (where required)
If the above requirements are met, visitors will be granted a visitors permit upon arrival in Solomon Islands .
Visitors who are citizens of the following countries will require prior approval from the Director of Immigration before entering Solomon Islands as a visitor.
Sao Tome & Principe
Republic of Korea
Republic of Yemen
United Arab Emirates
To obtain prior approval, nationals of above listed countries will have to contact the Director Immigration:
Director of Immigration
Department of Commerce, Industries & Employment
P O Box G26
Tel: +677 28841
Fax: +677 25084
Supporting information the applicant should furnish the Director of Immigration with are:-
1) Copy of passport (main page with personal details)
2) Copy of itinerary (preferably confirmed)
3) State purpose of travel
· If visiting relatives or friends, please provide their address
· For tourism, please submit hotel name and address
· For business purposes, please present letter of support from the Company in Solomon Islands
The following conditions apply to a visitor who is granted a visitor’s permit:
1) The visitor will not behave in a manner prejudicial to peace or good order;
2) The visitor will not engage in any business, profession or employment for reward or not unless with the prior approval of the Commissioner of Labour;
3) The visitor will not engage in any religious vocations accept with the approval of the Minister of Immigration;
4) The visitor will not engage in research except with the approval of the Minister of Immigration;
5) Other conditions which the Director of Immigration may impose.
A visitor who is granted a visitor’s permit may during a period of 30 days engage in business, profession or employment without complying with condition 2 above if the business, profession or employment arises of duties from his normal employment outside Solomon Islands
However, any visitor wishing to engage in any business, profession or employment during a period of over 30 days must comply with condition 2 above.
A visitor’s permit entitles a visitor to remain in Solomon Islands for any period or periods in the aggregate, not exceeding three (3) months in any period of twelve (12) months. A visitor’s permit can be extended beyond the 3 months for a further period or aggregated period of up to 3 months provided there are special circumstances justifying the extension. A standard application form for extension needs to be filled up accompanied with a photo of the applicant (passport photo) together with the required fee.
Before a visitor’s permit can be issued a visitor who wishes to engage in any business, profession or employment for more than 30 days, a work permit obtained from the Commissioner of Labour must be furnished to the Director of Immigration. Similarly a visitor who wishes to undertake research must also submit a research permit from the Education Minister or Department prior to a grant of a visitor’s permit.
For further information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org