The Permanent Observer Mission of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta to the United Nations Headquarters, New York City, welcomes young members and volunteers of the Order to apply for full-time unpaid internships. Interns are typically accepted for 3 month periods over the fall, winter and spring months. Our interns come from all over the globe and play a vital role in supporting the Order’s work at the United Nations by:
- attending official UN meetings on behalf of the Order, including at the General Assembly and Security Council;
- writing reports on events / meetings of particular interest to the Order, ensuring that the Grand Magistry is up to date and informed of anything that might impact its international work
- ensure that the Mission’s website is kept up to date with summaries of all of the Mission’s participation in the United Nations’ activities;
- organizing events and exhibits;
- special projects;
- manage and update the Mission’s various social media accounts.
We also encourage our interns to get involved in the more informal ‘side events’ which are held at the United Nations, as well as engaging with the many social events taking place there.
Applicants should be members, candidates or volunteers of the Order and will be asked to submit a letter of support from an officer of their National Association, Order of Malta volunteer corps, or Priory/Sub Priory. Apply today for January 2020 start!
If interested, please fill out the following application form and email a copy of your CV, together with a photograph, to email@example.com.
The Mission will be in contact with more details and qualified applicants will be asked to set up an interview time.
The internship is unpaid and interns are expected to make their own travel, housing, health insurance and visa arrangements. The internship is contingent upon obtaining the proper visa.