H.E. Bashar Ja'afari, Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Arts – French Literature, University of Damascus, 1977
- Diploma of Higher Studies in translation and Arabization, University of Damascus, 1978
- Diploma of International Political Relations, International Institute of Public Administration (IIAP) Paris, 1982
- Diploma of Higher Studies in International Organization’s Management, University of Sceaux, Paris, 1982
- Doctorate 3rd Cycle in Political Science, University of Sceaux, Paris, 1984
- State Doctorate in Political Science, University of Paris V- La Sorbonne, Paris, 1989
- State Doctorate in History of Islamic Civilization in South East Asia ,University of Sharif Hedayatullah-Jakarta, Indonesia 2002
- The Lobbies in the U.S.A (Damascus 1983).
- The Syrian Foreign Affairs 1946-1982 (Damascus 1986).
- The United Nations and the New World Order (Damascus 1994).
- Moslem High Priests of the Far East “Historical Saga on the Way Islam Entered and Spread into the Malay Archipelago (Damascus 2003).
- The Syrian Politics of Alliances 1918-1982 (Damascus 2015) (Under Print)
- Start function in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (01/1980).
- Workshop Program by International Institute of Administrative- France (P08/1981-07/1982)
- Diplomatic Attaché and Third Secretary at the Syrian Embassy in Paris (02/1983-10/1988).
- First Secretary and Counselor at the Syrian Permanent Mission to UN in New York (09/1991-10/1994).
- Minister Counselor at the Syrian Embassy in Paris (09/1997-08/1998).
- Minister Plenipotentiary and chargé d'affaires at the Syrian Embassy in Jakarta-Indonesia (08/1998-12/2002).
- Director of the Department of the International Organizations in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Damascus, Syria (12/2002-12/2004).
- Nominated Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Permanent Representative of the Syrian Arab Republic to the United Nations Office in Geneva (29/12/2004).
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Permanent Representative of the Syrian Arab Republic to the United Nations Office in New York (July 2006-Present).
- Rapporteur of the United Nations Decolonization Committee (2006-present).
During his work as diplomat, Dr. Bashar Ja’afari was member of the official Syrian delegation to the United Nations General Assembly sessions for many years, and he has participated in a large number of regional and international meetings, such as:
- Arab League Meetings.
- Organization of Islamic cooperation Conferences.
- Non Aligned Movement summits.
- Cairo Conference for the establishment of a Mass destruction weapon free zone in the Middle East-(1996).
- Representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the “April Understanding” Commission - Nakoura, South Lebanon (1996-1997).
- The United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy (New York 2006).
- The 2010 Review Conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (New York)
- Arms Trade Treaty conference (New York 2013).
- Chief negotiator of the Syrian Government delegation to Geneva II conference (23-31 January 2014).
- Head of the Syrian Government Delegation to the Moscow Consultative Syrian meeting (January 2015).