As per the para “vi” of the Department of Pensions Cir. No. 5/2011 dated 30.06.2011 on Payment of Pension to Sri Lankan Pensioners Resident Abroad, it is mandatory to produce a Life Certificate to the Department of Pensions in each year by Sri Lankan pensioners resident abroad through the Embassy.
The Department of Pensions, Colombo has introduced new guidelines for pensioners who are submitting their life certificates through the Embassy/Mission. (Click here for guidelines)
The Life Certificate can be submitted to the Department of Pensions by either of the following ways:
- Personal visit to the Department of Pensions in Sri Lanka
- Contact the Department of Pensions via Skype
- Through the Embassy/Mission
Submitting the Life Certificate through the Mission
When submitting through the Mission, the Pensioner could either visit the Mission or send the Life Certificate by mail.
Submission in Person – At the Mission
- Certification would be carried out by an authorized officer in the Mission.
- For identification purposes, please bring one of following documents
- Pension ID Card/Passport/Sri Lankan NIC/Driver’s License
Submission by mail/post
- Duly filled Life Certificate with a copy of passport /Sri Lankan NIC should be notarized/certified
The Life Certificates certified by this Mission are forwarded to the Department of Pensions by DPL bag.
If the return of the copies of documents is desired by regular mail, applicants in the USA should send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request.
- This service is free of charge.
- The Mission is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Incomplete applications will not be certified by the Mission