All media personnel visiting Sri Lanka should obtain a visa prior to arrival in Colombo from the Embassy of Sri Lanka. Media personnel visiting Sri Lanka on a media assignment cannot enter Sri Lanka on a tourist or business visa.
- Application for entry visa ‘Form B’ (click here to download)
- Passport – n.b. The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry in to Sri Lanka.
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Letter of Commission: a letter from the respective media organization detailing the tentative programme with dates, places and if it contains interviews, the persons to be interviewed etc. (For freelance journalists, a letter from the editor of the publication)
- Equipment list for electronic media along with a carnet or bank guarantee for customs purposes
- Letter undertaking that the equipment will be re-exported at the end of the visit
- Return air ticket
- Visa fee of US$ 40 for less than a 30-day stay in Sri Lanka. US$ 140 for the visits which are longer than 30 days. (Payable by money order, bank certified check or cash in favor of the Permanent Mission of Sri Lanka.) An additional US$ 20 is charged to return the passport to the applicant by post.
Processing time: 1-7 business days.