American citizens and other nationalities can obtain their visa for entry to Oman at the office of the Permanent Mission of Oman to the United Nations in New York. All visitors (except nationals of the GCC states) intending to travel to the Sultanate of Oman are required to obtain a visa.
Requirements for obtaining a visa:
- Passport (must be valid for not less than 12 months from the date of intended visit)
- Electronic application to be completed online, the follwoing link https://www.rop.gov.om/visa/english/onlineservices_visaapplication.aspx
- A photocopy of the first & second pages of the passport
- One passport-size photo
- A letter stating the purpose of trip (personal or company letter, whichever is applicable)
- Payment of visa fee, which can be made either through money order or certified check only.
After completing online application, a copy of the application form and all required documents to be submitted to Oman Mission to the UN - Consulate Department.
Please contact the consulate for current visa fees +1-212-355-3505 and for any help should you require.
Visa application will be processed upon receipt of the above requirements and will take approximately 7 working days. Application may also be sent by post; however, the Consulate will not be responsible for lost mails. In sending application by mail, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (e.g. DHL, Federal Express, etc.). The Consular Section does also legalization and authentication of documents for trade and other purposes.
Oman Mission To the UN
305 E 47th St
New York 10017
For additional information, please contact the Consulate at (212) 355-3505, Monday to Friday, from 9: 00 am to 5:00 pm.