New York | Department of Global Communications (DGC)
As UNIS and NYC public school children enjoy their winter break, the UN Visitor Centre invites all staff and delegates to bring their children (ages 5 to 12) to participate in the 2019 UN Kids Day on Wednesday, 20 February.
Accompany your children on a UN Kids Tour, offering an opportunity to learn about the UN through interactive games, quizzes and role-playing.
The UN Kids Corridor features wall-sized world maps, mounted flags of the Security Council’s 15 members and an actual refugee tent, and more! Children’s tours will be offered throughout the day, 9:30 am – 4:45 pm.
Before or after the tour, children of all ages can participate in many fun and educational activities in the Visitor Centre, on the lower level of the General Assembly Building. Activities include:
- Meet & greet a UN Security Officer or interact with the Staff Counselor’s therapy dog Chloe
- Go on a treasure hunt and win a UN Stamps “passport”
- Join story time at the UN Bookshop
- Test your knowledge of Member States’ flags and UN buildings in our craft corner
- Pose for a selfie with a UN Peacekeeper or one of the UN Kids
All Visitor Centre activities are free and available all day from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note that children must always be accompanied by an adult, including on tour.
To purchase tickets for the UN Kids tour:
- Select any Children’s Tour on 20 February
- UN/Mission Staff Members are entitled to a free ticket for themselves; check the UN ID Holder category. Please show your UN ID when checking in for your tour.
- Free tickets for UN/Mission Staff Members are not transferrable to their children and/or guests. All tickets for children and/or guests must be purchased.
- Every tour participant must have a ticket, including staff and delegates.
- Children under 5 years of age are not allowed on tour (but can participate in the fun activities in the Visitor Centre).
- Tickets will be available on site on the day, but we encourage you purchase them in advance to avoid disappointment.
For more information, contact the Guided Tours team at email@example.com.