Are you interested in taking or continuing a language course at the United Nations in any of the six official UN languages this winter 2019?
If so, you may register now to take a Placement Test as long as:
- You are eligible to take United Nations language courses. All full-time United Nations staff are eligible and courses are free of charge.
- You are a new or returning student in our programme after a “two-term” break.
- You are not a beginner nor have very high proficiency in the language. If you are a beginner, you may register for Level 1 classes from 22 November 2018. If you are a high-level user of the language, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if you can take a high-level communication skills course without taking this test.
The schedule of placement tests by language can be viewed online through this link.
How to register for a Placement Test or Language Course
- If you are an internal learner (Secretariat Staff), you may find instructions here on how to register using inspira.
- If you are an external learner (Permanent Missions, specialized Agencies, Funds and Programmes, etc.), you may find instructions here on how to register using eLearning.
When to register for courses
- Registration for courses will open on 26 November 2018.
You can take courses either in person in the United Nations Learning Centre (directions below), or online (self-paced or via WebEx).
If you need more information or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where to find United Nations Learning Centre
The Learning Centre is situated in the former print shop underneath the North Lawn.
The map to access the Learning Centre is available online.
- From the 1st floor of the GA Building: take the elevators by the UN Meditation Room, go to 3B and follow the blue signs to the Learning Centre.
- From the elevators in the Conference Building: go to 2B and follow the blue signs.
- From the 1st floor of the Secretariat Building: take the stairs near the Lobby Café (stairway F) to 2B and follow the blue signs.