PERMANENT MISSION OF KENYA TO THE UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK
Position : Telephone Operator/Receptionist
Length of Employment: The initial contract is for one year (renewable depending on satisfactory performance or exigencies of duty.
Work Hours: 09:00Hrs – 18:00Hrs Monday to Friday with 1-hour lunch brake
Start Date : Immediate
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serving asthe Main Receptionist and Switch Board Operator, the candidate will be handling the following tasks:
- Screening, greet and welcome mission,
- Handling calls by answering, screening and directing to the right offices,
- Take and convey messages,
- Provide information to callers,
- Deals with queries from the public as appropriate,
- Ensure knowledge of staff movement in and out of the Mission,
- Receive and sort out mails and other deliveries,
- Schedule appointment as appropriate,
- Maintain appointment dairy,
- Tidy and maintain the reception area,
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Applicants must satisfythe following requirements listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- General: Possess documents to demonstrate or show proof that one is legally staying and able to work in United States.
- Education: Minimum of a High School certificate &
- Professional training: Minimum of a 2 year certificate in secretarial skills, office administration or customer care at post-high school level.
- Experience: Two years of receptionist experience is required.
- Language: English proficiency is required (Ability to read, write and speak). Knowledge of Swahili language is an asset.Knowledge of a second UN language is an added advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Customer care skills, computer skills, run the switchboard and handle conflicting demands is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of clerical procedures and correspondence styles, Mission structure and knowledge of who is who in the chancery and otherUN mission contacts in New York is required.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send ONLY electronic applications.Please submit a Word formatted letter of interest indicating the expected remuneration, resume, names and contact information for three references to email@example.com, Cc. firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday, December 2nd,2016. The applications should be address to;
The Ambassador/Permanent Representative
Permanent Mission of Kenya to the United Nations
866 United Nations Plaza Suite, 304
New York,NY 10017
Clearly indicate your name and the position applied for on the subject line of the cover email as well as on all the attachments: For example, “Caroline Otieno_Receptionist” for the Receptionist Position. You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified. If called for an interview, you will be expected to bring a reference letter as well as your academic and professional credentials.