PERMANENT MISSION OF KENYA TO THE UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK
Length of Employment: The initial contract is for one year (renewable depending on satisfactory performance or exigencies of duty.
Start Date : Immediate
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Driving: Operate mission vehicles to transport passengers and cargo.
- Maintenance and repair: Ensure that the vehicles are maintained and repaired at all times and that the vehicles are clean at all times.
- Record keeping:Maintain vehicle log-books that record each trip made indicating odometer readings and time of departure/arrival and destinations, fueling details and maintenance works.
- Undertake Scheduled deliveries and pick-up of messages and parcels as well as make purchases as requested from time to time.
- Dispatches: Load and unload items into/from vehicles, as well as help move furniture and equipment from one part of the office and residences to another.
- General: Able to show proof that one is legally allowed to stay and work in United States. Evidence of a clean driving record is required
- Education: Completion of elementary school is required; secondary and related trade school or specialized vehicles repair and maintenance trainings are highly desired.
- Prior Work Experience: At least three years of professional chauffeur experience and a valid local driver’s license for following types of vehicles is highly preferred. Classes: B (motor cars),C (medium commercial), DL (light omnibus), DM (medium omnibus)
- Professional training: Possess valid New York state Drivers licence that show clean record of driving
- Language Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an added advantage
- Knowledge and ability: Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns; knowledge and prior work experience with electronic recordkeeping (computer usage) is also highly desired.
- Ability to deal with officials and occasionally VIPs in a relaxed but competent and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff.
- Demonstrated experience of cross-cultural communication skills is highly desired.
- Ability to work a regular Monday through Friday schedule with evenings,including weekends and late night hours and travel to countryside as may be needed.
- Readiness to take up other duties (messengerial orotherwise) outside the transport schedule will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants should sendONLYelectronic applications. Please submit a Word formatted letter of interest indicating the expected remuneration, resume, names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, Cc. email@example.com by close of business Friday, October 21st,2016.The applications should be address to;
The Ambassador/Permanent Representative
Permanent Mission of Kenya to the United Nations
866 United Nations Plaza Suite, 304
New York,NY 10017
Clearly indicate your name and the position applied for on the subject line of the cover email as well as on all the attachments: For example, “Dancan Otieno_Driver” for the driver position. You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified. If called for an interview, you will be expected to bring a reference letter as well as your academic and professional credentials.