New York | Dag Hammarskjöld Library
2018 was a busy year at the Dag Hammarskjöld Library. Check out our most popular resources, questions, and events during the past year. Find these resources and more using Dag Discovery and the Library website.
Top 5 eBooks:
- Transforming Multilateral Diplomacy: The Inside Story of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Making Sense of the Central African Republic
- The Collected Papers of Kofi Annan: UN Secretary-General, 1997–2006
- Individual Agency and Policy Change at the United Nations: the People of the United Nations
- International Migration and International Security: Why Prejudice Is a Global Security Threat
Top 5 print books:
- Transforming multilateral diplomacy: the inside story of the sustainable development goals
- The collected papers of Kofi Annan, UN Secretary-General, 1997-2006
- United Nations handbook
- Negotiating the sustainable development goals: a transformational agenda for an insecure world
Top 5 print journals:
Top 5 questions answered (AskDag FAQs):
- How should I cite a United Nations document?
- What are the opening dates of forthcoming regular sessions of the UN General Assembly and of the General Debate?
- What is the difference between signing, ratification and accession of UN treaties?
- Who is and has been Secretary-General of the United Nations?
- What are the official languages of the United Nations?
Top 5 events held:
- OpenCon 2018 at United Nations Headquarters
- Insight into the ILC (International Law Commission) Speaker Series
- Kofi Annan declassified: an online collection of his writings
- Women and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Book Launch and Discussion with Author Rebecca Adami
- Insight Series on Migration
For more on the Dag Hammarksjöld Library's activities" in 2018, check out our By the Numbers infographic.