Tel.: (212) 370 3988/89, Fax: (212) 953 2038
Nepali Passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. Passport holders are required to apply for a new passport in lieu of the current passport well within before its expiration time, but not, generally, earlier than six months of validity period. However, in case accidental damage of the passport or use of all the pages meant for visa, one could apply for a new passport at any time.
Passport applicants from
Consulate General of
Tel.: (212) 370 3988/89
Fax: (212) 953 2038
202 667 5534
1. Fill out the form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
2. Affix one photograph with both ears visible (size 2 x 2) on the designated place in the application form and enclose one for the passport. Photographs should be recent and in no case should be older than six months.
3. Send money order of US $
80.00 in the name of Consulate General
of Nepal in
4. Send your current passport and a copy of each of page no. 1, 2 and 3.
5. Send a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage in order to return passport/s; regular or first class mail has no tracking number and hence it is not possible to know about its delivery status. So you are advised to send a prepaid envelope of any kind of express mail to return passport/s. We take no responsibility for any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postal charge or a weak envelope to bear up the load.
6. For inclusion of your child's name in your passport, please include additional US $ 25.00 for each child and provide the following details in a separate application addressed to the Consulate: (i) childís full name (ii) sex (iii) date and place of birth (iv) copy of birth certificate (v) two photographs, (size 2"x2") and (vi) copy of father's passport (page no. 1, 2, and 3) as a proof of Nepalese citizenship. Parents may apply for individual passport for their child by filling-out an application form with all the information and documents as mentioned above.
7. Persons, who have got married in a foreign country and wish to include husbandís family name in the passport, must submit an original marriage certificate or a notarized copy thereof.
8. Any amendment to or modification of particulars given in the passport can be made upon a written request and on payment of US $ 25.00 for each such amendment/modification.
9. It takes about 2 weeks to issue a new passport after the application is received by post.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT IN CASE OF LOSS OF PASSPORT
1. Report to the local police and ask for an acknowledgment or a counter report as a proof and send it to the Consulate General or Embassy.
2. Send a copy of each of page no. 1, 2 and 3 of the lost passport and a copy of the visa issued by the Embassy concerned.
3. Send your original Citizenship Certificate; if you are unable to provide the original thereof for any valid reason, copy thereof may be accepted.
4. If you don't have a copy of the lost passport, please submit your citizenship certificate and specify the serial number, date and place of issue of the lost passport. In such a case, reasonable time is required to verify the records of the lost passport in order to issue a new passport.