Iroda Umarova, Nodira Manzurova, 26 April 2013, 11:51
The VI Tashkent international investment and financial forum took place in the capital, which was attended by heads of leading firms and companies, specialists of the sphere, experts and scientists from such countries as Uzbekistan, the US, the UK, Malaysia, Azerbaijan, China, South Korea, India, Russia, Belarus, Cyprus, Moldova, Ukraine, Romania, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan. UzA reported talked to some of them.
Sunggil Kim, chief executive office of Ttiot (South Korea):
- Following the wide-scale reforms in the Uzbek economy under the guidance of President Islam Karimov, I am confident that opportunities for establishing and successfully-run businesses are increasing year by year. We intend to open Ttiot ceremic enterprise, producing sanitary equipment from local raw materials in the Angren special industrial zone.
This international forum proves that a worldwide interest to the Uzbek model of development, aimed at construction of socially-oriented market economy and implementation of broad structural transformation, is on the rise. The experience of Uzbekistan on further modernisation and renovation of the country serves as an example for many countries.
Kaher Kazem, president and executive director of the GM Powertrain Uzbekistan:
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the US is consistently developing in the motor industry as in many other spheres. Active collaboration with american partners, particularly GM Powertrain Uzbekistan, is a vivid demonstration of consistent development of bilateral relations. This is provided by favorable investment environment in Uzbekistan, broad priveleges and benefits for foreign investors.
Representatitives of international organisations, firms and companies, foreign business circles and scientists gave high assessments to commercial, economic, investment and financial reforms in Uzbekistan.
Babulal Bahodur, head of Orion medicity (India):
- Economic strategy, executed in Uzbekistan from the first years of independence, today is giving its results. Macroeconomic stability has been maintained, wide-sclae structural changes and strengthening of market mechanisms are continuing, production and export volumes are increasing, in particular, of the products with high value added, foreign investments are actively attracted.
Indian companies see Uzbekistan as an attractive market for investment. There are more indian enterpreneurs doing business with Uzbek partners each year.
Kim Dohun, representative of KOGAS (South Korea):
- Our company has been effectively cooperating with Uzbekneftgaz national holding company since 2006. Our partnership involves not only upstream exploration, but also polyethylene and polupropylene production, that is downstream gas processing and high value added production. The forum afforded us to exchange views on prospects of further cooperation.
Li Jintong, head of representative office of Citic Construction in Uzbekistan (China):
- Dynamic and stable development of the Uzbek economy shows that the chosen development model is efficient. This results can be seen in figures of economic growth, macroeconomic stability, structural renovation of the economy, exports diversification, rises in foreign investment volumes, which is widely recogized by international community.