Dag Hammarksjöld Library
The Library's primary function is to enable delegations, the Secretariat and other official groups of the Organization to obtain library materials and information needed in the execution of their duties.
The library collections include:
• UN documents and publications
• Selected Specialized Agencies publications
• League of Nations documents
• Books and journals in the area of international relations, law, economics, social development, statistics, etc.
More information on accessing UN documents and publications can be found here.
Where is the Library located?
The Dag Hammarskjöld Library building is at 42nd Street and 1st Ave: L-105 | 212-963-7412 | email@example.com
Opening hours of the Library are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5:30 pm (when the GA is in session from 9 am to 6 pm).
There are also branches that may be closer to your office.
• Economic and Social Affairs Branch: DC2-1143 | 212-963-8727 | firstname.lastname@example.org
• Legal Branch: M-10004 | 212-963-5372 | email@example.com
• Map Collection: Daily News 24th Floor | 212-963-7412 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of library locations.
For a directory of Library services, please click on the link below:
Does the Library provide training?
Yes, the Library offers training on UN documentation and databases and electronic resources. Customized trainings can be arranged for Permanent Missions, or for individuals.
New training sessions are regularly announced in the UN Daily Journal. Online registration is available in the Training Calendar
Can you help me with my research about UN documents?
Yes, our Reference Team can assist you with your questions about the UN, its documents and any other queries.
Email us at email@example.com, call 212-963-7412, or check ask.un.org for frequently asked questions.
Can I borrow books from the Library?
Yes, most Library material can be borrowed by permanent missions and members of delegations with a valid grounds pass to UNHQ. The normal loan period is two weeks.
Does the Library provide access to subscription electronic databases for journals, news, and e-books published outside of the UN?
Yes, full access is provided. Please note that access is available to permanent mission staff within UNHQ premises only.
A full A-Z listing of electronic resources can be viewed here: http://research.un.org/e-resources.
Library Guides for Mission staff
• Resources & Services for Delegates: Dag Hammarskjöld Library
• Une bibliothèque au service des missions permanentes: La Bibliothèque Dag Hammarskjöld
Library Guides for searching UN databases
• Basics of UN document symbols
• Searching for UN documents using UNBISnet
• Searching the classic version of ODS
• Searching UN-I-QUE
|Follow us on|