Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
- Diplomat, over 20 years of experience in bilateral-multilateral relations and consular affairs.
- Over 40 years of experience in the conception, formulation, execution and direction of media (press, tv and radio) and in framing Strategic Communication Programs, in public policy and political areas, private sector, judicial, social, cultural and didactical.
- Professor in Journalistic Writing.
- Writer, speaker and analyst in public affairs.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Sciences (Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo).
- Graduated Studies in Journalism (Latin America International Center for Superior Studies).
FOREIGN SERVICE CAREER
- Appointed Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Dominican Republic to the United Nations (2011).
- Ambassador, Permanent Representative to the Organization of the American States (OAS), (2008 to 2011). During this post:
a) President of the Working Group responsible for the elaboration of the Inter American Social Charter.
b) President of the Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Affairs.
c) President of the Extraordinary General Assembly which approved the 2011 Budgetary Program for the Organization of American States (OAS).
d) Member of the Special Commission on the Democratic Institutional Crisis in Honduras, created by the Secretary General in accordance with a mandate of the General Assembly.
e) Member of the “Group of Friends of Haiti”.
f) Member of the Group of Friends of the Christopher Columbus Library
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and Consul General of the Dominican Republic to South Korea (1998-1999).
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and Consul General of the Dominican Republic to Japan (1993-1994).
- Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Dominican Republic to the United Nations (1990-1993).
- Concurrent Ambassador to Canada (1993).
- Consul General of the Dominican Republic in the city of New Orleans, United States of America (1989-1990).
Consul General of the Dominican Republic in the city of New York, United States of America (1988-1989).
- Associate Director of the Dominican Institute of Applied Studies/Instituto Dominicano de Estudios Aplicados (Private Consultant in Strategic Communication)-(2003 to 2008).
- Advisor to the Secretary of State of Foreign Affairs (2005 to 2008).
- Advisor to the Secretary of State of Finance (2006 to 2008).
- Advisor to the Supreme Court of Justice for the Program for the Renovation of Land Jurisdiction (2003 to 2005).
- Director of “EL FINANCIERO”, the first Dominican newspaper specialized on Economics and Finance (2003).
- Director of “EL EXPRESO”, a gratuitous circulation daily newspaper with the most certify circulation in the Dominican Republic (2001).
- Press Secretary to the President of the Dominican Republic, during the first Administration of President Leonel Fernández (1996-1998).
- Director founder of “HOY”, a daily newspaper (1980-1988).
- Director founder of the daily “ULTIMA HORA” (1970-1980).
- President of the Dominican Newspapers Society (1975-1980).
- Director of the Public Information Department of the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (1966-1969).
- Private Consultant in Communications (1995-1996).
- Professor of Techniques of Journalism Writing, in the “Instituto Dominicano de Periodismo” (1970-1975).
- Decoration of the Order of Merit of Duarte, Sánchez y Mella, in the grade of Official, granted by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Decoration of the Mexican Order of the Águila Azteca, granted by the Government of the Mexican United States.
- “Supreme of Silver”, granted by the Dominican Chapter of the Jaycees International Organization.
- “Emeritus Professor”, title of honor granted by the Instituto Dominicano de Periodismo.