OBJECTIVES AND ROADMAP OF THE GROUP OF LLDCs BY THE CHAIR OF THE GROUP OF LLDCs
- Raising awareness on LLDC development issues at international, regional and sub-regional levels.
- Preparing and organizing the Ten-Year Review Conference of the Almaty Programme of Action.
- Enhancing capacity building and technical assistance to LLDCs, in particular through the operationalization of the International Think Tank for LLDCs.
- Ensuring the effective participation of the LLDCs in the WTO trade negotiations.
- Integrating the LLDCs into regional infrastructural network.
- Strengthening the legal framework for transit transport and enhanced and effective accession and implementation of relevant international conventions.
- Harnessing greater international support.
- Ensuring that all LLDCs are able to access and receive funds from all the existing development initiatives such as the trade facilitation facility, Aid for Trade and others.
- Promoting South-South Cooperation and Regional Integration.
- Ensuring co-ordinated, increased and coherent support of the United Nations system and other international organizations to LLDCs.